Re: Anchor dilemma

Daniel W. Connolly (connolly@beach.w3.org)
Mon, 19 Feb 1996 00:34:08 -0500

To: "Harold A. Driscoll" <harold@driscoll.chi.il.us>
Cc: murray@sq.com, yannick@silicium.fdn.fr (Yannick Cadin), www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Anchor dilemma
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 00:34:08 -0500
From: "Daniel W. Connolly" <connolly@beach.w3.org>

In message <2.2.16.19960213191645.4d77bec0@pop.interaccess.com>, "Harold A. Dri
scoll" writes:
>>Try this:
>>
>>... <A NAME="target" HREF="link_to_something">the text</A> ...
>
>This has become a popular area of confusion, and for many people is far from
>obvious. I'd suggest that a short usage note would be a useful addition to
>the next version of the language specification document.  /Harold

Thanks for the feedback. I've filed this in my "html-revision" folder,
for the six-month revision of RFC1866, and for any documents based on
RFC1866.

If you see any such revisions come up for public review, I'd appreciate
it if you'd check to make sure you're happy with the way this and other
related issues are resolved.

Dan