Re: Proposal: New Page Tag

David Perrell (davidp@earthlink.net)
Mon, 23 Dec 1996 11:06:11 -0800

From: "David Perrell" <davidp@earthlink.net>
To: "Hakon Lie" <howcome@www10.w3.org>
Cc: <www-html@www10.w3.org>
Subject: Re: Proposal: New Page Tag
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 11:06:11 -0800

Hakon Lie wrote:
> ... I enclose a draft for two new properties that
> hopefully whould accomplish what people are asking for. Comments
> welcome.
> Value: auto | always | odd | even

Add 'never' to Value.

This would be equivalent to 'keep with next' and 'keep with previous'
in word processors. Thus could headings be forced to accompany the
following element and not be left widowed at the bottom of a page.

These properties address the printing of a single HTML page. What about
continuous printing of content that extends over multiple HTML pages?
T'would be nice to have both page-break style properties and LINK
RELationships involved in the printing process.

David Perrell