netscape cookies

Gail Eckert (gail@elara.tripos.com)
Mon, 23 Dec 96 14:19:08 CST

From: gail@elara.tripos.com (Gail Eckert)
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 96 14:19:08 CST
To: www-html@www10.w3.org
Subject: netscape cookies

I hope that someone can point me to some information to
help solve this problem.

I have developed an intranet system for tracking defects that
remembers the user's name and e-mail address using a
"cookie".  This works fine using Netscape 2.0 and 3.0.  It
doesn't seem to work at all using Internet Explorer 3.0.

I am setting the cookie by doing:

Set cookie: bug_user=gail; expires=Thursday, December 31, 1998 ; path=/ domain=www3.tripos.com

Then in my shell script I am looking for HTTP_COOKIE to contain
"bug_user=gail".  But there is no variable HTTP_COOKIE created.

If someone could point me to something that would help, I would
be very grateful.

Thanks,
Gail Eckert
Tripos