Re: wherefore CGM?

On Sat, 7 Dec 1996, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:

> That's probably the text version of 3DMF; there's also a binary format.
> Perhaps someone could take that particular logo and create a 3DMF file;
> then we'd have a good basis for comparison...

OK.  In that case there are at least ten formats we want to compare:

encapsulated postscript, cgm (binary and text), and 3DMF (binary and text).

The gziped and straight versions of all of the above formats.

Note also that encapsulated postscript files often include a preview;
essentially they store the postscript code needed to generate a
high-quality image as well as a bitmap.  Try two versions of the
postscript, one with a preview and one without.  So that brings
the total to twelve formats.

nemo
                                                 http://www.cyclic.com/~nemo
<nemo@koa.iolani.honolulu.hi.us>                    <devnull@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
"...For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."  -- Mathew 9:13