HTML dtd utilities

Ian Graham (
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 11:07:51 -0400 (EDT)

From: (Ian Graham)
Subject: HTML dtd utilities
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 11:07:51 -0400 (EDT)

I have developed two simple Web utilities for analysing HTML DTDs,
both derived from Earl Hood's perlSGML package. These can be found

   A collection of HTML DTDs, plus an HTML analysis of the DTDs, using
   a modified version of Earl Hood's dtd2html.  This produces single-page
   analyses of each element's content rules and attributes.

   A FORM interface to dtddiff. You can select two DTDs and dynamically
   generate an HTML document listing the differences between the two.
   (of course, if load is heavy, I will pre-generate the difference
   files, and remove the 'dynamic' part!)

Feedback and comments -- and additional DTDs -- are,  as always,

Information Commons
University of Toronto