Re: Background Soundtracks (fwd)

MegaZone (megazone@livingston.com)
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 19:14:19 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: RE: Background Soundtracks (fwd)
To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 19:14:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: MegaZone <megazone@livingston.com>

Once upon a time Jason O'Brien shaped the electrons to say...
>discussing -- the issue is embedding a sound to start when the page opens
>which needs to run seamlessly in the background without any kind of
>obstrusive control bar -- for example, one of the corporate web sites

Some of us do not want to have sounds played automatically - for me it
would play on the server down the hall, or 30 miles away if I'm on my X
tube at home.  I completely detest pages that have sounds that play
automatically and I've been requesting that NS not support this, or that,
if they do, they have a three way toggle for users:
Play auto.
Prompt user Y/N
Never play.

I think BGSOUND is a tag almost on par with BLINK for evilness in its
current MSIE implementaion.

-MZ
Phone: 800-458-9966 510-426-0770 FAX: 510-426-8951 megazone@livingston.com
Snail mail: 6920 Koll Center Parkway  #220, Pleasanton, CA 94566