Re: Problems/Question with Cougar

Jonathan L Neuenschwander (jonathan@ecn.purdue.edu)
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 13:58:14 -0500 (EST)

From: Jonathan L Neuenschwander <jonathan@ecn.purdue.edu>
Subject: Re: Problems/Question with Cougar
To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 13:58:14 -0500 (EST)

> I would guess the other way around - that the general assumption is that
> STYLE information overrides markup information.  That way the user's
> stylesheet has ultimate authority.

I tend to agree.  When I include markup style, it's for the benefit of those
browsers that do not support stylesheets.  If the browser is capable of
using a stylesheet, the stylesheet should take precedence.

Jonathan

      jonathan@ecn.purdue.edu  _/ _/       _/    _/   And it would of worked
    QUESTION AUTHORITY --     _/ _/       _/_/  _/  if it hadn't been for
  And the authorities        _/ _/       _/  _/_/  those meddling kids and
will question you.    _/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/ _/    _/  their stupid dog