Re: Justification

Arnoud (galactus@stack.urc.tue.nl)
Wed, 14 Aug 1996 08:49:58 +0200

From: galactus@stack.urc.tue.nl (Arnoud "Galactus" Engelfriet)
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Justification
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 08:49:58 +0200

In article <2.2.32.19960812212005.006bc4fc@mailhubj.cc.columbia.edu>,
"J. Brian Lindauer" <jbl26@columbia.edu> wrote:
> Does anyone know how to justify a block of text fully across a screen or
> table cell?  I don't know if a way exists yet.

The "align" attribute for paragraphs and headers suggested a value of
"justify" in the HTML 3.0 draft, which would do what you want. It is not
in HTML 3.2, and I doubt it is widely supported.

You might also want to try it on a table cell - for some strange reason,
some browsers appear to allow justified table cells but not justified
paragraphs.

Galactus

--
To find out more about PGP, send mail with HELP PGP in the SUBJECT line to me.
E-mail: galactus@stack.urc.tue.nl - Please PGP encrypt your mail if you can.