Re: Something besides a button to POST?

Kee Hinckley (nazgul@utopia.com)
Fri, 19 Apr 1996 18:02:12 -0400

Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 18:02:12 -0400
To: kstarsin@smtpgwy.isinet.com
From: nazgul@utopia.com (Kee Hinckley)
Subject: Re: Something besides a button to POST?
Cc: www-html@w3.org

At 10:21 AM 4/19/96, kstarsin@smtpgwy.isinet.com wrote:
>Hello!
>
>    Well, I found the answer to my own question by _reading the spec_,
>something
>which I recommend only as a last resort!  ;-)
>
>    It turns out that there is an <INPUT TYPE=3DIMAGE>, which is supported
>by both
>Netscape 2.0 and Mosaic 2.0.  I don't know how I missed this . . . .

Actually it seems to be supported by all browsers, including Lynx.  It also
passes the x/y coordinates (well, not in Lynx), so you can use it to submit
and get a position at the same time.  GeoQuest uses it that way.

Kee Hinckley      Utopia Inc. - Cyberspace Architects=81    617.768.5500
nazgul@utopia.com                               http://www.utopia.com/

everyone else's.