Re: What should I use for centering (DIV or P)

Abigail (abigail@tungsten.gn.iaf.nl)
Mon, 15 Apr 1996 23:29:49 +0200 (MET DST)

From: Abigail <abigail@tungsten.gn.iaf.nl>
Subject: Re: What should I use for centering (DIV or P)
To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 23:29:49 +0200 (MET DST)

You, Heikki Vesalainen wrote:
++
++ Hi!
++
++ I'm making some HTML pages for the big public and I really don't know should I use
++ <DIV ALIGN=CENTER> or <P ALIGN=CENTER>.

What I suggest is that you first logical markup your document
without bothering about layout specific attributes.

Then, after you have finished doing that, you add the 'align = center'
attributes. If you have used <div> in your document, you can use
<h? align = center> and <p align = center>.

The logical markup of the document is far more important than the layout
hints. The attributes go with the elements; one doesn't use elements
for the attributes.

Abigail