Re: mailto: + parameters?

Abigail (
Mon, 15 Apr 1996 20:46:47 +0200 (MET DST)

From: Abigail <>
Subject: Re: mailto: + parameters?
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 20:46:47 +0200 (MET DST)

You, Michele Bassan wrote:
++ My question is probably marginal to html, but I did not find a thread about it
++ elsewhere.
++ Do you know whether it is possible to pass to the "mailto:" method also some
++ parameters, that can be filled in advance by the browser, like the subject and
++ even (part of) the message content?

What you can do is using the TITLE attribute of the <a> element.
Only a few browsers will support it thought, but it will not
break browsers which do not support it.

Netscape 2.0 and newer versions of Lynx will understand
''. However, people using browsers
which do not understand that, including Netscape pre-2.0 browsers,
will send out undeliverable mail, as ""
is not a valid email address. You will not even get those messages.

<URL:>  (Changed)