Re: Arrrgh! Mailer Daemon Woes and This List

Paul Derbyshire (ao950@FreeNet.Carleton.CA)
9 Apr 1996 08:03:49 GMT

To: culist-www-html@cunews.carleton.ca
From: ao950@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Paul Derbyshire)
Subject: Re: Arrrgh! Mailer Daemon Woes and This List
Date: 9 Apr 1996 08:03:49 GMT

Paul Derbyshire (ao950@FreeNet.Carleton.CA) writes:
> Dear List Maintainer,
>
> For some reason for every post I make to this list the last two days
> I get a dozen mailer-daemon messages about
> ktay@uk.oracle.com and jdomingu@sbexpos.com... could these
> no-longer-valid addresses please be unsubscribed from www-html before my
> mailbox bursts at the seams and corrupts my hard drive with megabytes of
> "user unknown"s... :-) Thanks in advance.

Oh, BTW: I also get some guy's automatic vacation notification message,
every time I post. I don't suppose they considered that going off for a
holiday still subscribed to their mailing lists is going to leave them
with a six megabyte mail file and maybe a server down for three weeks when the
mail daemon dies of overload... :-\ Or a nasty message informing them they
have overused their disk quota...

--
    .*.  "Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not
 -()  <  circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a