Re: HTML 3.0 suggestion

Jon A. Lovstad (
Thu, 28 Sep 1995 21:54:15 +0100 (MET)

Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 21:54:15 +0100 (MET)
From: "Jon A. Lovstad" <>
To: Carl Benker <>
Subject: Re: HTML 3.0 suggestion

On Thu, 28 Sep 1995, Carl Benker wrote:

> Hi,
> Yesterday I had posted to this mailing list a request to make
> list items "containers" by adding a </LI> tag to the HTML spec.
> I received a fair amount of email that said that I should have
> looked into it a little on my own, since it was already in the
> standard.

[Carl continues to reference the HTML 2 spec and says it is not listed

I have printed the HTML 3 spec as presented by and I can't find it
listed under the OL/UL sections there either. Could someone please list
the source where it is a part of the standard?

BTW, I can't find the </IMG> tag in any standards either, although I've
seen it used by some HTML editors...

Jon Lovstad * * Hjortsbergvn.7, N-1784 Halden, Norway

There's an old saying; in binary it goes:
							      Red Dwarf T-Shirt