Re: HTML 3.0 suggestion

lilley (lilley@afsmail.cern.ch)
Wed, 27 Sep 1995 20:01:04 +0100 (BST)

From: lilley <lilley@afsmail.cern.ch>
Subject: Re: HTML 3.0 suggestion
To: speight@cs.unc.edu (Charlie E. Speight)
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 1995 20:01:04 +0100 (BST)
Cc: benker@ceco.ceco.com, www-html@www0.cern.ch

> On Wed, 27 Sep 1995, Carl Benker wrote:

> > How about making list items "containerized"?
> > <LI></LI>

They already are containerised, it's just that you can leave them out
if you want.

> just a question: if a HTML 3.0 demanded that List items were
> "containerized", what percentage of HTML documents already in circulation
> would be rendered incorrectly? 80%? 90%?

While I appreciate your concerns, the answer to your question is 0%, because
HTML 3.0 will be based on HTML 2.0 which already has list items as containers.

Could I suggest that people posting to this technical forum ensure they
have read the appropriate defining documents before posting questions.

--
Chris Lilley, Technical Author
|       Manchester and North HPC Training & Education Centre        |