Re: hidden source code html

Jon Wallis (
Wed, 04 Oct 1995 08:07:37 +0100

Date: Wed, 04 Oct 1995 08:07:37 +0100
To: (Paul Ramsey)
From: Jon Wallis <>
Subject: Re: Re: hidden source code html

At 18:14 03/10/95 PDT, you wrote:
>How about obfuscation? One could write a program which removes all unecessary
>white space so that it might be a little harder to decipher. Additionally
>you could randomize the case on commands and use arbitrary names on image
>files to make it even more confusing.

Anyone who really wanted to read the source wouuld find this very easy to
get around.

I really can't see what all the fuss is about.  The web (and therefore HTML)
is (or at least *were*) about open distribution of information.  "Hiding"
the source just seems petulant in the extreme.
Jon Wallis         Senior Lecturer in Information Systems Engineering
School of Computing & I.T., University of Wolverhampton, UK - WV1 1SB
   Personal WWW Home Page   <URL:>
     University WWW Home Page <URL:>
-----------------"That's some catch, that catch-22"------------------