Re: Adobe's Acrobat

Scott J. Walter (sjwalter@winternet.com)
Mon, 29 May 95 13:29 CDT

Date: Mon, 29 May 95 13:29 CDT
To: nandini@henna.iitd.ernet.in,
From: sjwalter@winternet.com (Scott J. Walter)
Subject: Re: Adobe's Acrobat

At 08:41 AM 5/29/95 +0500, Srivastava Nandini wrote:

>Adobe's Acrobat Reader software requires a Distiller prog and Exchange
>Prog to convert a ps file to pdf file and to create your own pdf file.
>Does one have to get it separately coz i'm sure it doesn't come along the
>reader.

Yes, Adobe sells the Distiller as a separate entity (part of their Acrobat
"Pro" package, I believe) ... at a retail of $400-$500 US as I recall.

-Scotty
 Scott J. "Scotty" Walter | "Ah'm sorrah, sir ... but y' jes kinna
 Maverick Software        |  fit annah muhr on th' floppy.  Y' jes
                          |  kinna mess wi' th' lahws o' data
 SJWalter@WinterNet.COM   |  compression!"
  "It's not a bug ... it's not a feature ... it's an ENHANCEMENT!!"