Re: Clients and tabs

Kee Hinckley (nazgul@utopia.com)
Sat, 27 May 1995 11:22:16 -0400

Date: Sat, 27 May 1995 11:22:16 -0400
To: young@cs.purdue.edu
From: nazgul@utopia.com (Kee Hinckley)
Subject: Re: Clients and tabs
Cc: Multiple recipients of list <www-html@www10.w3.org>

At 10:29 AM 5/26/95, Michal Young wrote:
>>Tabs are used in word processing to align columns.
>
>Among other things.  They are also used for indentation of program text.

<listing> works fine for program text.  Most programs don't look too good
in a proportional font. I suppose you might want to change the tab stops
even iin a <listing>, but doing so tends to cause viewing problems in far
many more programs than just web browsers.

Kee Hinckley      Utopia Inc. - Cyberspace Architects=81    617/721-6100
nazgul@utopia.com                               http://www.utopia.com/

everyone else's.