Re: Clients and tabs

Mark H. Teicher (
Sat, 27 May 1995 13:02:42 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Sat, 27 May 1995 13:02:42 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Mark H. Teicher" <>
Subject: Re: Clients and tabs
To: Kee Hinckley <>
Cc: Multiple recipients of list <>

You can also use the implementation of <DD> </DL> HTML tags which allow
HTML's designers to include such thing as graphics (redball,blueball,
greenball) instead of using the default black dot ...

On Sat, 27 May 1995, Kee Hinckley wrote:

> At 10:29 AM 5/26/95, Michal Young wrote:
> >>Tabs are used in word processing to align columns.
> >
> >Among other things.  They are also used for indentation of program text.
> <listing> works fine for program text.  Most programs don't look too good
> in a proportional font. I suppose you might want to change the tab stops
> even iin a <listing>, but doing so tends to cause viewing problems in far
> many more programs than just web browsers.
> Kee Hinckley      Utopia Inc. - Cyberspace Architects=81    617/721-6100
> I'm not sure which upsets me more: that people are so unwilling to accept
> responsibility for their own actions, or that they are so eager to regulate
> everyone else's.

Famous Industry Quote on Computers

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
-Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Corp., 1977