Collecting Data from Forms

Mark Hensby (mhensby@mail.telecall.co.uk)
Thu, 29 Jun 1995 08:25:11 GMT

Date: Thu, 29 Jun 1995 08:25:11 GMT
To: www-html@www10.w3.org
From: mhensby@mail.telecall.co.uk (Mark Hensby)
Subject: Collecting Data from Forms

Can Anyone Help.

I need to collect data from simple www forms that can be collected in batch form
for data processing in dbase, access, or similar. I have been looking for a
simple
example and can find nothing that I understand!

For example: Let's say I build a form to collect names and addresses.
I would like the data to end up in a file, comma or tab delimited (or better
still in a dbf file) so that I can import the data for anaylsis.
I have been successful in using "mailto:" but the results then need
re-keying one at a time in my database which is time consuming.

Any help VERY greatfully received

Mark Hensby
Mark Hensby    Internet  : mhensby@telecall.co.uk
               Compuserve: 100664,2767