Re: Server-side data conversion and Internet bandwidth (was: Re: Multi column

Kee Hinckley (nazgul@utopia.com)
Mon, 26 Jun 1995 10:13:27 -0400

Date: Mon, 26 Jun 1995 10:13:27 -0400
To: boo@primenet.com (Walter Ian Kaye)
From: nazgul@utopia.com (Kee Hinckley)
Subject: Re: Server-side data conversion and Internet bandwidth (was: Re: Multi column
Cc: www-html@www10.w3.org

At 7:23 PM 6/24/95, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:
>   * 8-bit (256 color) images (can link to 24-bit if desired)

Pratically speaking, you haven't got 8 bits, the display wants some.  Iff
you make all the images on the page have the same colormap you may be able
to get 7 bits, but 6 is more likely.

Kee Hinckley      Utopia Inc. - Cyberspace Architects=81    617/721-6100
nazgul@utopia.com                               http://www.utopia.com/

everyone else's.