Users Pages

Chris Hackett (chackett@gasou.edu)
Mon, 26 Jun 1995 09:12:17 -0400

Date: Mon, 26 Jun 1995 09:12:17 -0400
To: www-html@www10.w3.org
From: chackett@gasou.edu (Chris Hackett)
Subject: Users Pages

Good Day all,

        Please forgive me if this is an improper mailing list for this.  I
have a question about University pages, or pages with many many users.  I
have see pages where a large university has hundreds of home pages for
their students.  Is there a script of some sort that searches a machine or
searches all the /~username directories for a home.html file or something
and then creates a html file with all the links in it?

        We are going to use NFS to mount space on a seperate machine for
users home pages.  I have noticed that if there is no home.htm(l) then the
browser will default to listing the files in the directory.  Is there a
setting in one of the configuration files for the server to avoid this?
Thans for any help.

--
Chris Hackett (chackett@gasou.edu)
WWW Developer