Re: Multi column layout question.

Kurt Foss (
Fri, 23 Jun 1995 08:10:56 -0600

Date: Fri, 23 Jun 1995 08:10:56 -0600
To: "Kirk A. Troy" <>,
From: Kurt Foss <>
Subject: Re: Multi column layout question.

At 8:52 AM 6/23/95, Kirk A. Troy wrote:
>> How do you decide what size a page is in a portable manner?
>> If the page too long, the reader of your document will have to
>> scroll down to read the text at the bottom of the first column,
>> and then have to scroll back up to read the text at the top of
>> the second column.
>Thats where you try and keep the page to a reasonable length, so they won't
>have to do that.  But if it did happen to go for more than a screen, then you
>simply put a <HR> and continue.

Then again, if *precise* formatting is vital to a specific presentaion of
information, there *are* better tools than html ... and Adobe Acrobat, for
one, also allows article threading, among other features.

Regards ~ Kurt

KURT FOSS * U_of Wisconsin-Madison * School of Journalism and Mass Comm.
  5020 Vilas, Communication Hall * 821 University Avenue * Madison, WI 53706
  Email: * * CIS: 70541,1040
  Phone: Voice  608-263-3391 *  FAX 608-262-1361 * Home  608-271-1210
  Technology Editor, NPPA Electronic Photojournalism Workshop  EPW7 Sept. 8-16
  WWW2:  NPPA>