question about CLEAR in HTML3
Sat, 3 Jun 1995 15:00:36 +0000

Date: Sat, 3 Jun 1995 15:00:36 +0000
Subject: question about CLEAR in HTML3

The HTML3 draft reads:
<!-- ...
 To assist with formatting tables to paged media, we probably
    want to differentiate leading and trailing rows that are to
    be duplicated when splitting tables across page boundaries.
I am so glad some thought is given to this, but I am not clear on
the following

The HTML3 draft reads:
    you can use the clear or needs attributes with other elements
    such as headers and lists to move them further down the page.

assist the print program to start a table or heading on a new page
if limited space is left on previous page. It is important that
the intent is clearly stated.
Thorvaldur Gunnlaugsson       \           The Parliament of Iceland                \         comp. departm.  Vonarstr 8
voice:354-5630655 fax:5630670   \                     150 REYKJAVIK