INS, DEL and Collaborative Document Design

Ian Graham (igraham@hprc.utoronto.ca)
Mon, 4 Dec 95 20:46:43 -0500

From: igraham@hprc.utoronto.ca (Ian Graham)
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 95 20:46:43 -0500
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: INS, DEL and Collaborative Document Design

I am planning a project to look at collaborative HTML document
development via the Web. I am thinking of using the proposed
HTML 3 elements INS and DEL to delineate the changes associated
with different versions or a document, with appropriate
attributes to reflect authorship, version numbers and so on.
This is because I need this information at the client side,
to allow toggling between different versions and so that much
of the document management intelligence can be built into
the client agent. But, I don't want to waste time
repeating what someone else may have already done, or waste
time on what has already been shown to be a *Bad Idea*.

Has anyone looked at integrating this type of functionality
into HTML or other markup languages?

Ian
--
Dr. Ian Graham ........................... igraham@hprc.utoronto.ca
Information Commons                        Tel: 416-978-4548