Re: Proposed Text Flow Attributes for HTML 3.0

Kevin Atkinson (kevina@clark.net)
Fri, 18 Aug 1995 15:27:14 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Fri, 18 Aug 1995 15:27:14 -0400 (EDT)
From: Kevin Atkinson <kevina@clark.net>
To: "Benjamin C. W. Sittler" <bsittler@prism.nmt.edu>
Cc: www-html@www10.w3.org
Subject: Re: Proposed Text Flow Attributes for HTML 3.0

On Fri, 18 Aug 1995, Benjamin C. W. Sittler wrote:

> Why clutter up HTML with presentation-control tags and attributes when
> this can be achieved much more cleanly in a dedicated stylesheet language?

If that is the case why implement the "align" tag?  I proposed this because
I fell that it is something that should be implamented in all HTML 3.0
browsers incuding those that don't support style sheets (probably ones like
future lynx browsers).  I think text flow is a little more than than a style
issue.

* Kevin Atkinson, Clarknet I'net Serv., Maintainer of the Usenet Info Center *
*     Finger usenet-i@clark.net for more info on Usenet Info Center.         *
*    Or send mail to usenet-i@clark.net  with a subject line of HELP.        *
*  This is in its beginning stages and I could use any help I could get!     *