Re: Proposed Text Flow Attributes for HTML 3.0

Benjamin C. W. Sittler (bsittler@prism.nmt.edu)
Fri, 18 Aug 1995 13:17:11 -0600

From: "Benjamin C. W. Sittler" <bsittler@prism.nmt.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 1995 13:17:11 -0600
To: Kevin Atkinson <kevina@clark.net>
Subject: Re: Proposed Text Flow Attributes for HTML 3.0
Cc: www-html@www10.w3.org

This is not an HTML issue; see [1] for one stylesheet language's solution
to the problem of presentation control. While still a draft, it provides a
good starting point for presentation control in Web pages.

For a general discussion of stylehseets, see [2].

[1] "Cascading Style Sheets: a draft specification"
    http://www.w3.org/hypertext/WWW/Style/css/draft.html

[2] "HTML Style Sheets"
    http://www.w3.org/hypertext/WWW/Style/

Why clutter up HTML with presentation-control tags and attributes when
this can be achieved much more cleanly in a dedicated stylesheet language?

--
Benjamin C. W. Sittler
   "I have great confidence in fools -- self confidence my friends call it."