Re: conversion programs from ascii to HTML

Stuart Harris (
Wed, 2 Aug 1995 13:46:32 -0700 (PDT)

From: (Stuart Harris)
Subject: Re: conversion programs from ascii to HTML
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 1995 13:46:32 -0700 (PDT)

Lori wrote.....
> I am trying to find a good conversion program for ascii files to HTML
> documents.  We are in the process of converting many, many, many ascii
> files to HTML and it would be much easier if there was a program that would
> do it automatically.
> Any suggestions??

This is a maximally confusing question, since of course HTML documents are
ASCII documents.

If you mean "how can I translate whatever format cues exist in the originals
to HTML tags?" then one suggestion -- if you're a Windows type -- is to import
your documents into Word for Windows 6.0x and convert them using Microsoft
Internet Assistant. IA is free, from

It'll do its best to translate formatting, including some tables & forms. Just
don't try installing radio button!

There are similar translators for Word Perfect et al.

Hope that's a help,
Stu Harris