Re: server time/date stamp

James HG Redekop (
Fri, 28 Apr 1995 16:56:14 +0000 (GMT)

Date: Fri, 28 Apr 1995 16:56:14 +0000 (GMT)
From: "<> Deslandes" <>
Cc: Multiple recipients of list <>
Subject: Re: server time/date stamp

On Fri, 28 Apr 1995, Willy Lehotz wrote:

> I would also like to have the time and date placed on the document when a
> browser requests one of our pages. Doing it manually is not cost effective.

I need more info about the type of system you're operating to know if
I can help you. But I'm working on a Unix database using the CERN server,
which requires that loggins be logged to a file and that a "last login" time
stamp be placed on some docs, not to mention a whole heap of security tests
have to be done. I use CGI progs in C which parse html documents previously
elaborated, and insert the date.

   If you think I might be able to help you please contact me again.

                  hope that helps...

P.S. feel free to discuss anything else as well. :)