Re: Print=Yes

On Fri, 28 Apr 1995, Barry Johnson wrote:

> My thought with this would be that browsers would be in a better position
> to do this than adding something via HTML. I think if browser had a
> preference such as
>
> ( ) Ignore references
> ( ) Print references inline
> (*) Print references as footnotes
> ( ) Expand references inline [n] levels deep
>
> The last preference is a potentially scary thought but it would be fairly
> useful. (Say you want a hardcopy of some documentation available only in
> linked HTML, 1 page per section. Insted of a retreive/load/print cycle, you
> simply can print the highest level, walk away, and let your browser do the
> work.)

 I think that a better way to do this last one would be to have the option
be "Expand references at same site" or some such.

 My web pages are one huge document (about 150 pages or so), but they
also contain links out to the rest of the Web at all levels.  What I'd like
to be able to do is say "print this page and any pages from
www.csd.uwo.ca that descend from it, and print any *other* references as
their URLs in footnotes"...

 James H.G. Redekop                         Free confidential counselling for
 tzoq@publix.empath.on.ca                         SURVIVORS OF DECONSTRUCTION
 tzoq@csd.uwo.ca                                           Call 1-800-MEANING
 http://www.csd.uwo.ca/~tzoq/    Ap(point)ments may be continually postponed.