Re: [xhtml-media-types] Question, typo

From: Jens O. Meiert <jens@meiert.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 00:00:33 +0400
To: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Cc: W3C WWW HTML Editor <www-html-editor@w3.org>
> Unfortunately, due to some weird rules at the W3C, we are prohibited from
> updating that document so we will be unable to fix the typo.  There is
> actually an update to it that was never "published" but is still available
> at http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2010/ED-xhtml-media-types-20100218/ if you are
> interested.

Oh that applied to Notes too? Can this rule not—for once ;)—be
revisited? I mean, all these typos do is undermine credibility and add
embarrassment—while being super-easy to fix. Maybe the policy could be
adjusted to allow for spelling mistakes to be fixed at any time? (I’d
deem that sound and quite non-controversial.)

--
Jens O. Meiert
http://meiert.com/en/