Re: Link to xhtml-datatypes-1.mod broken in XHTML Basic 1.1 and XHTML 1.1 DTDs

I haven't checked the W3C markup validation service, but I'm pretty sure it already uses a local copy of the DTDs. The W3C mobileOK Checker also uses a local catalog but the mapping is "simple": it merely converts well-known prefixes to local folders. For instance, the URI:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-basic/xhtml-basic11.dtd
... gets mapped to:
  www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-basic/xhtml-basic11.dtd
... in the local filesystem.

That's the easiest way to maintain a local catalog and I would expect most developers to use similar rules. The hierarchy is preserved and the broken link remains when you do that. Note that I already fixed the local DTDs used by the mobileOK Checker: what's at stake here is not our validation tools).

I take your point ref the difficulty to update something in /TR space, I'm sure we'll find a way. There should not be any need to do that more than once in the spec's lifetime. Well, in theory that is ;)

Francois.