Re: XHTML 1.1 flat and modular DTDs disagree on <style id="..."> (and DTD also trips up on <html id="...">)

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 15:19:15 +0900
To: www-html-editor@w3.org

Dear HTML WG,

In November 2006 I wrote to you to report an apparent discrepancy
between the flat and modular DTDs for XHTML 1.1, regarding the
validity of the id attribute for the style element. I have not
received any answer or ack about it, is this on your radar at all?

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html-editor/2006OctDec/0024.html

Today I got another bug report, rather similar in nature:
the xhtml-modularization prose mentions that id is a valid attribute
for element html
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/
abstract_modules.html#s_structuremodule

But I can't seem to find it declared in the DTD:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/
dtd_module_defs.html#dtdelement_body.qname

<!ATTLIST %html.qname;
       %XHTML.xmlns.attrib;
       %XSI.schemaLocation.attrib;
       %XHTML.version.attrib;
       %I18n.attrib;

I am assuming it is missing %Common.attrib; or at least %
Core.attrib;. Is that correct?

Your thoughts on the issues (both of them) or at least some form of
acknowledgment that it is on your radar would be appreciated.

Thank you very much.
olivier
--
olivier Thereaux - W3C - http://www.w3.org/People/olivier/