Re: Question about XHTML 2.0 and content type (PR#7880)

From: Shane McCarron <xhtml2-issues@mn.aptest.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 09:57:54 -0500
To: jasper.magick@gmail.com
CC: www-html-editor@w3.org

This sounds like a problem with Google.  As XHTML use expands, it seems likely
Google and others will process the content.   The XML community has requested,
and the HTML Working Group agrees, that XML content should not be ever served
as
text/html.  Neither XHTML 1.1 nor XHTML 2 can be served with that content type.