Re: nesting colgroup and rowgroups (PR#7881)

While there are notional "rowgroups" there are no explicit arbitrary rowgroups
in HTML nor in XHTML because rows are explicit in tables.  colgroups, on the
other hand, exist because HTML / XHTML needs a way of referring to columns.

Could you please provide a concrete example of what you are looking for, along
with a description of what the advantages would be?