Re: nesting colgroup and rowgroups (PR#7881)

From: Shane McCarron <xhtml2-issues@mn.aptest.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 09:52:13 -0500
To: jimjjewett@gmail.com
CC: www-html-editor@w3.org

While there are notional "rowgroups" there are no explicit arbitrary rowgroups
in HTML nor in XHTML because rows are explicit in tables.  colgroups, on the
other hand, exist because HTML / XHTML needs a way of referring to columns.

Could you please provide a concrete example of what you are looking for, along
with a description of what the advantages would be?