Re: [xframes] #frames

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> Dear HTML WG,
>
> Can the new 'xframes-URI-reference' be extended in such a way that it is
> applicable to existing markup as well? The ability to tell what should
> be loaded inside "frames" is by far the most useful feature of this new
> draft and it could solve a lot of problems that exist on today's web if
> it is made applicable to non-XFrames documents as well. For example, to
> an OBJECT element in a text/html document or an IFRAME element. Or
> xhtml:frame.

I very much agree. The spec should also state that it is based on the
XPointer Framework [1], and that "frames" is a pointer part that never
identifies a subresource.

By the way, the same idea as #frames() can be used for forms. See [2]
for a (somewhat old) example.

Greetings,
Sjoerd

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr-framework/