Re: [www-html-editor] <none>

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:52:22 +1000
To: Maurice Ferguson <electronfusion@hotmail.com>
CC: www-html-editor@w3.org

Maurice Ferguson wrote:
> My page displays differently in Safari when I use the HTML 4.01 "strict"
> document type than when I use the "transitional." Specifically, spaces
> are inserted between images, stretching my tables and causing content to
> flow over. This problem also occurred when I created an XHTML 1.0
> version of that page.
>
> Is there a new rule in HTML 4.01 and XHTML that images cannot touch?

Sounds like some of the differences between quirks mode and standards
mode.  In any case, this is not a help desk and is the wrong place to
ask.  Try a CSS related newsgroup or forum for any further questions,
after reading the following article.
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Images,_Tables,_and_Mysterious_Gaps

--
Lachlan Hunt