[www-html-editor] <none>

From: Maurice Ferguson <electronfusion@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 18:24:39 -0700
To: www-html-editor@w3.org
My page displays differently in Safari when I use the HTML 4.01
"strict" document type than when I use the "transitional."
Specifically, spaces are inserted between images, stretching my tables
and causing content to flow over. This problem also occurred when I
created an XHTML 1.0 version of that page.

Is there a new rule in HTML 4.01 and XHTML that images cannot touch?