[XHTML 2] Conforming documents and meta properties

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 15:56:40 +0100
To: <www-html-editor@w3.org>
Cc: <xhtml2-issues@hades.mn.aptest.com>

Dear HTML Working Group,

3.1.1.1 states that a Conforming XHTML 2.0 document must conform to the
specifications of a DTD (I realise it's not yet written) however I wish to
use my own private namespaces in the in the meta properties i.e.

xmlns:jim="http://jibbering.com/chickens"
property="jim:created">2004-03-20</meta>

However I doubt there's any chance of the DTD ever being authored with an
xmlns:jim attribute in it (and if there is, not for any of the other
infinite namespaces I could use.)

Please either remove the requirement for DTD conformance, or remove the
requirement that we reference the DTD in Appendix H (so we can author our
own) or remove the problem of using QNames in attribute context.

Regards,

Jim Ley