[XHTML 2] type attribute on the param element

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 15:40:04 +0100
To: <www-html-editor@w3.org>
Cc: <xhtml2-issues@hades.mn.aptest.com>

Dear HTML Working Group,

24.2 defines something called a type attribute on a param element:

| type = ContentTypes
| This attribute specifies the content type of the resource designated by
the src
| attribute. It is used to help the user agent decide whether it can process
| this element's contents.

given that the param element is not defined to have a src attribute, I
cannot see what this attribute possibly does, please clarify, either by
including the src attribute with an appropriate definition or removing the
type attribute.

Regards,

Jim Ley