Re: HTML and XHTML FAQ

Andrei Stanescu wrote:
> The CSS 2.1 specification doesn't mention anything
> about this supposed difference (or at least I wasn't
> able to find it), so I must assume that the "a lot of
> rules" expression in the document I mentioned is...
> well... simply wrong.

See for examples the section about Backgrounds or the section on the
'overflow' property. Also, in HTML documents CSS selectors are
case-insensitive and in XHTML documents they are not, etc.

> I'm using XHTML strict on 10 sites and haven't heard
> of any such special rule.

I think you are using XHTML as text/html which is parsed as HTML and
therefore you haven't encountered any problems.

--
  Anne van Kesteren
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/>