HTML and XHTML FAQ

From: Andrei Stanescu <andre_ardent-www@yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 07:21:01 +1000 (EST)
To: www-html-editor@w3.org

>From the "HTML and XHTML Frequently Answered
Questions" which I am translating into Romanian:

"CSS has a lot of special rules that only apply to
HTML. Do these also apply to XHTML?

No. CSS rules that apply only to HTML, apply only to
documents that are delivered as text/html."

The CSS 2.1 specification doesn't mention anything
about this supposed difference (or at least I wasn't
able to find it), so I must assume that the "a lot of
rules" expression in the document I mentioned is...
well... simply wrong.

I'm using XHTML strict on 10 sites and haven't heard
of any such special rule.

A link that explains that statement would be
interesting though.

Andrei Stanescu

http://au.movies.yahoo.com