Re: REC-2000126/xhtml.tgz is not compressed

From: Masayasu Ishikawa <mimasa@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 11:18:09 +0900 (JST)
To: crossley@indexgeo.com.au
Cc: www-html-editor@w3.org

Sorry for my late reply ... I was traveling.

David Crossley <crossley@indexgeo.com.au> wrote:

> Today i downloaded the G'zipped TAR archive from
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/xhtml1.tgz
>
> I could not unpack it ... so i tried a trick,
> wondering if it was just not compressed. True.
> tar xf xhtml.tar ... it works.

It is compressed on the server, it was transferred as compressed
resource, and your user agent decompressed it on the fly.  Same
for the Second Edition.

> I presume that that is the latest Working Draft
> and that is what we should be using. Is that correct?
>
> I cannot find any link from the offical TR page at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/ to the WD. Does this mean
> that changes from the WD have been rolled into the TR?

Not yet.  We are very close to publish the Second Editon as
a Recommendation.  Sorry for the delay.

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org