basic tables module: does table have a width attribute?

From: Scott Imig <scottimig@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 05:11:06 +0900 (JST)
To: www-html-editor@w3.org

Hello,

I am wondering if this is a discrepancy between the text of the XHTML
Modularization Recommendation and the DTD.

This text (normative)
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/abstract_modules.html#s_simpletablemodule,
states that the <table> element has a width attribute.

The corresponding DTD (also normative)
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/dtd_module_defs.html#a_module_Basic_Tables
shows that the <table> element does not have a width attribute.

Am I missing something? Thanks for the help.

Thanks,
Scott