DTD

From: Chudo Loo <chudo_loo@skillsvillage.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 16:31:02 -0700
To: <www-html-editor@w3.org>
Dear Sir or Madam:

I hope this is the write e-mail address to write to regarding this question.
If not, could you please direct me to the correct address?  Thanks.

I am working on *.jsp pages.  Sometimes where there is a problem when I have
a DTD:

When a user navigates out the page and presses the "Back" button of the
browser to return to the same page (especially with IE 5.5), the page
displays all code instead of the regular page with bgcolor, images, text,
etc.  The problem disappears when the DTD is removed or if it is declared
like this (with dashes added):

<!-- DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
           "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd" -->

Is this the correct way to solve this problem?  Is there something I am
doing wrong?  Thank you in advance for any suggestions or solutions to this
problem.

Chudo Loo