error in XHTML v1 page

From: Tony Hedges <tony@smallworld.worldonline.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 19:48:25 -0000
To: <www-html-editor@w3.org>
There appears to be a problem with the XHTML1-strict.dtd file, I clicked on it and got an XML error message, reproduced below. Could this be why my first attempt at a strict XHTML1 page has resulted in displaying the XHTML file as Internet Explorer (5.5) would display an XML page?

The page is at http://www.tonyhedges.co.uk/politics.xhtml

Tony Hedges

below is what is displayed in IE5.5 when you click on Strict DTD in the XHTML1.0 page.

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Cannot have a DTD declaration outside of a DTD. Line 26, Position 12

<!ENTITY % HTMLlat1 PUBLIC