Re: The BDO module (PR#381)

From: Masayasu Ishikawa <mimasa@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 04:38:20 +0900
To: tapio1@nic.fi
Cc: voyager-issues@mn.aptest.com, www-html-editor@w3.org
tapio1@nic.fi wrote:

> In my mind it is not SEMANTIC clear enough. Why it could be 'Internationalization Module'.  See my comments to BDO:
> http://www.nic.fi/~tapio1/Teaching/Attributes2c.html#BDO.

"1.2. What is XHTML Modularization?" of "Modularization of XHTML" says [1]:

    XHTML Modularization is a decomposition of XHTML 1.0, and by reference
    HTML 4, into a collection of abstract modules that provide specific
    types of functionality.

BIDI is a specific type of functionality, that's why it's in a separate
module.  Trying to mix it with other i18n features is a wrong direction.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/CR-xhtml-modularization-20001020/introduction.html#s_intro_whatismod

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org