Re: XHTML 1.0 DTD and namespace declaration

From: (wrong string) Śldal <mikael@staldal.nu>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 21:31:35 +0100
To: mimasa@w3.org
Cc: www-html-editor@w3.org
>As you cited, if you care for correct operation with non-validating
>XML processors, namespace declarations must be provided directly,
>and if you look at examples in the XHTML 1.0 Recommendation, you'll
>realize that indeed all examples explicitly provide namespace
>declarations, including the XHTML 1.0 Recommendation itself.

But if you don't specify the namespace in the XHTML document, then you
will get different result when the DTD is used and when it's not (such
as with a non-validating processor). This may cause problems, and it
caused me some headache with an XSLT stylesheet before I realized what
was going on.

Best Regards
Mikael