RE: XHTML documents + XSL (or CSS) stylesheets

From: <mmurata@trl.ibm.co.jp>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 12:16:58 +0900 (LMT)
To: simonstl@simonstl.com
Cc: masinter@attlabs.att.com, mmurata@trl.ibm.co.jp, www-html-editor@w3.org, mark.baker@canada.sun.com, dan@dankohn.com
> >> IE 5.0(1)
> >> invokes the XSLT processors.    In the case of CSS, I believe that
> >> the XHTML user agent is invoked and it uses the CSS stylesheet
> >> for rendering.
> >
> >Is this OK?
>
> It seems fine - perfectly coherent, anyway - to me.

In the case of XHTML, I agree with you.  However, if a WWW browser
received an SVG document labelled as application/xml and the SVG
document references to a CSS stylesheet, what will happen?  Will the
CSS be ignored and the SVG be rendered as SVG?  Or, will the SVG
document be rendered as if it were not SVG?  I have absolutely
no ideas.

Cheers,

Makoto