HTML 4 Spec bad unit symbols

From: Scott Palmer <Scott.Palmer@home.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 22:19:42 -0500
To: <www-html-editor@w3.org>
I noticed in the heading of the HTML 4.0 spec, where it lists the various downloadable versions that kilobyte was abbreviated as Kb which doesn't make any sense, since the only correct abbreviation for the "kilo" prefix is a lower case 'k'.   The uppercase 'K' refers to the temperature unit "degrees Kelvin" in any scientific, metric or SI notation.  Also the common abbreviation for byte uses an uppercase 'B'.  The lower case 'b' usually refers to 'bits' as in "I use a 100Mb network connection" (Megabit).

While I'm sure this hasn't lead to much confusion, it is simply wrong.

It's not going to stop the world from spinning but, I just thought I'd point it out.

Scott