HTML 4.01 ZIP is not standalone

From: (wrong string) ślio Reis <julio_reis@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed Apr 19 04:33:30 2000
To: www-html-editor@w3.org
Hello,

I am Jślio Reis, from Portugal, and I'm an avid reader of W3C's papers: CSS,
Accessibility, HTML, XML, XHTML... I usually look for the ZIP of HTML files,
to download and view without the need for a live connection, which comes in
very handy.

Regarding the ZIP for HTML 4.01, I'd like to say it's not standalone, that
is, it requires a live connection to preserve style sheet information. If
you look at the source of any HTML file in the ZIP, you'll notice the line

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href=
"http://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/TR/W3C-REC">

showing up all the time. This makes for both Explorer and Navigator trying
to download style information from your site. The solution is simple: just
remove the forementioned line from every HTML document, and it'll work fine.

Greetings, and keep up the good work!

Jślio Reis, GlobalSoft, Portugal.